Endeavour K9 focuses on the holistic approach to solving common and difficult problems. We offer an environment that is conducive to learning for all who attend our training facility.
Our goal is to help you produce happy, responsive, reliable behaviours in your dog over time – Training doesn’t stop, we will teach you what you don’t do as much as you need to do to get the dog you wanted.
We have an extensive questionnaire that we will go though to determine the potential causes of your dog’s issues. Once we identify the root cause of the problem we will work with you through one of our recommended training programs to find an effective solution to restore balance to your household.
The solutions we create through our work together will be built on a solid understanding of your unique situation, considering all available tools and means as they may be relevant.
We believe that there are several factors to take in to consideration when training a dog.
- Obedience– We’ll help you to build the behaviour that you’d prefer to see from your dog, and interferes with the expression of less desirable behaviour.
- Management– By managing your dogs environment it prevents them from continuing to rehearse unwanted behaviour problems during their foundation training. It also helps maintain the dog’s motivation for training, and contributes significantly to both the dog’s and trainer’s safety.
- Health- One of the first steps is to have your veterinarian evaluate and treat, if necessary, any medical conditions that may cause any contributing factors of the behaviour change.
- Engagement- have the dog think you are their world. Its not about other dogs or other people, its about you and your family
- Relationship- Working in a partnership with your dog does not allow your dog to do anything or everything it wants. Its about recognizing your dog is a dog and has needs. It also recognizes that you need to provide boundaries and structure to enable your dog to fit into your household.