Who doesn’t want a dog that’s reliable off leash? From hiking in the woods to running in a park to simply hanging around the house, it would be hard to find someone who isn’t interested in having a dog who listens to them no matter what the circumstances.
This course is designed to take your basic obedience trained dog to the next level. We will over 6 group sessions help you condition your dog to the ecollar (remote training collar) and will teach you how to overlay it to known commands that your dog has already learned in previously training with us.
Your dog can also be off-leash with 100% trust has so many benefits. It helps ten-fold with exercise because they are not confined to a leash, you gain plenty of trust with your dog, socializing is made much easier, and it’s obviously a safety issue! So what is an e-collar used for, exactly? We call it an “invisible leash”. We teach the dog that the e-collar and the leash mean the same thing. The collar is controlled by a remote that the handler holds. The remote allows you to maintain full control of your dog for up to 400 yards! Therefore, it gives your dog a lot of freedom and it saves you from worrying about your dog running off!
What you will learn
- Pressure & Release
- How to use the leash for communication
- Basic commands with the e-collar for sit, down, stay, place, basic leash walking and come when called.
- Building upon your dog’s comprehension of basic obedience commands, we will show you how to increase your dog’s attentiveness in the face of everyday distractions.
- How to size a remote collar
- Components of a Remote collar
- Stimulation levels and finding the right one
- Difference between Continuous and Stim
- Reinforce already known behaviours ( such as commands)
- Remove unwanted behavious (digging, barking, counter surfing)
- 6 classes
- 1st class is with no dogs.
Dogs will need for this class
- Prong or martingale
- E-collar Technologies Mini Educator ($299.99 plus HST)
- 15 ft long line
- Treat Pouch
- Dogs Food
- Higher Value treats.