Not your typical Daycare. Its like sending your dog to school!
Our Enrichment Daycare was created as the vision of what we wanted our current or previous clients dog’s to experience. A safe place to take their dogs after training and consistently offer them structure, rules and positive socialization.
We wanted the intimacy of being able to do touch up training with a small number of dogs, while providing structured downtime and enrichment.
Our educational enrichment based day school keeps your dog busy with fun training exercises while your at work and keeps the foundation that was started during your previous training at Endeavour K9 while maintaining or assisting you to obtain your training goals.
Whether it’s mental stimulation through training, lessons in being calm or confidence building. We provide a balance of healthy activities for them as an outlet but also create an off switch that serves you well in any aspect of home life.
However, what’s different from many programs is that in addition to basic obedience cues, we recognize that dogs need to learn frustration tolerance and impulse control. We address this through the daily schedule of training, playing, resting, tethering during downtime, purposeful handling, and teaching all dogs to give eye contact and wait at thresholds before proceeding.
In addition, each dog is taught to walk polity on leash, settle quietly on a tether during rest periods, to come when called and eliminate outdoors. The entire culture of the school is designed around creating a habit of well-behaved dogs who demonstrate manners.
We keep “free-play” to a minimum to help promote positive- neutral behaviour around other dogs. This is not a free for all play all day which can lead to hyper dogs and in turn can lead to many behavioural issues. This helps hyper dogs learn to calm down and nervous dogs to be more confident.
We spend individual time with each dog training them as well as in a group setting, and they will also have crated rest times.
This is NOT a typical Doggie Day Care.
- Our Enrichment daycare is for dogs who have passed both our evaluation as well as our trial.
- Your dog must be well socialized and not have any issues with other dogs or people. (on occasion we will bring dogs in for training days that do have issues to help dogs learn how to be around other dogs. These dogs will be on leash with a handler)
- Your dog must be crate trained or be able to be in one of our kennel runs
- They must know our marker system
- Dogs must be able to stay on place for 30-60 minutes.
- Have a good understanding of heeling, basic obedience.
- Be trained on a prong collar… E-collar optional but required (Mini Educator) if you want us to work on recall.
- Dogs that have done training with us will still have to have a trial as daycare isn’t for everyone.
Space is limited- We take a maximum of 10 dogs in this program per day and only offer daycare on Tuesday & Wednesday’s.
Dogs will take part in activities such as…
- Pack walks
- Small play groups 5-10 dogs max.
- One on one time
- small group activities
- basic obedience
- ball pit
- fitness equipment
- scent work
- advanced obedience- recall only for those who are e-collar trained
- pack walks
- Solo walk
Adventure excursions (swimming, pack walks on trails)
Puppies (Crate Training, Potty Training)
Supervised play time.
- Please note that not all dogs will qualify for off leash free- play, but may be eligible for pack walks which satisfy the social need
- Smaller groups.
- More quality play
- Waiting at doors
- polite greetings
- no jumping
- impulse control
- Higher quality rest which dogs need to be emotionally healthy.
- Frequent rest times help teach your dogs to settle.
- Dogs will either rest on place, crate or kennel throughout the day.
How to get your dog into our daycare.
Step 1 EVALUATION- Once your profile has been set up we will need to book an in person daycare evaluation with our staff. Dogs will be put through an obstacle course to see if they are ableto do our enrichment activities. After that they will be put on place while another dog is brought into the room to do the obstacle course. We will see if your dog can settle on place in the presents of other dogs working.
STEP 2 TRIAL- if they pass they can come back. If not training will be suggested and to what needs to be worked on before another trial- we accept 1 new dog at a time. We would suggest our day training program as we can do 2 days a week and help your dog work through some of their issues in our daycare environment. Dogs will be out in regular daycare through our enrichment activities as well as socialization to see if there are any issues. Please read below “dogs must”
Max. 8-10 dogs and priority is to those who have completed training here. Dog will be required to have a buckle martingale for socials and enrichment, and a prong collar for pack walks or enrichment depending on the dog.
- Settling on place with minimal reminders and being calm for long periods of time while other dogs are working
- Impulse control At doors
- Competent loose leash walker
- Social with other dogs- No bullying, humping or being a pest.
- Comfortable being handled by a stranger
- Food motivated and able to work for their food by hand feeding.
- Dogs will be required to come to daycare no less than once every 3 weeks. If you don’t attend this you will be required to do another trial date.
- Owners must be willing to work on maintaining training and actively working on any struggles that may arise.
We are willing to work though some of these issues with dogs. This is at our discretion on how many we can take at a time.