Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the facility and all employees to ensure the company is running efficiently and effectively. Works to ensure the safety and proper care of all day school, lodging and training dogs and breeding dogs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Managing employees including, assigning daily tasks and reviewing daily task checklists
- Interviewing and hiring potential employees. Training employees.
- Reviewing client and dog files and all dog vaccinations.
- Creating work schedules. Processing payroll and tracking employee overtime.
- Maintaining all HR paperwork for new employees and current employees.
- Ensuring the facility is well maintained and safe for employees and dogs.
- Manages daily activities for day school, lodging and training services, breeding dogs.
- Managing and maintaining the facility. Oversight of company’s Operations Manual.
- Acting as Director of Safety. This includes conducting appropriate safety trainings.
- Conducting Endeavour K9’s certification trainings on feeding, medications, and client interactions.
- Communicating with clients about the safety, health and well being of their dog.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a management role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good computer skills including MS Office, tracking systems, etc, Quickbooks Online
- Must have a love for dogs and a keen sense for animal safety.
- Must be observant.
- Keep track of inventory and order items for the retail store when stock is low.
Position requires person to be both indoors and outdoors. Majority of day is spent standing, walking and bending.
Must Be Able To:
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Work with small and large dogs.
- Work around pet hair and dander.
- Able to lift 50+ pounds