We are looking for an enthusiastic Dog Trainer to provide training to our clients in private lessons, training, Board & Train, Day Training, Dog Daycare and Refresher Training dogs, leading group lessons, interacting with clients and potential clients on a daily basis, and is responsible for booking and scheduling training clients.We are looking for someone who can work as part of our high-energy training team in a fast-paced, fun environment with dogs. This position requires working independently with minimal supervision training dogs, selling services, and providing consistent follow-up with clients. This is an incredibly rewarding position that takes a special person who is dependable, patient, and above all professional.
Responsibilities and Duties: (But not limited to)
- Ensuring daily contact and hands-on training with dogs attending in-house training and update training logs
- Cleaning/tidying the training center, and any area where training took place
- Marketing dog training services to schools, social media, vets, etc
- Training employees on proper dog handling techniques
- Calling and booking potential training clients
- Conducting potential client evaluations
- Be able (or willing to learn) to teach a variety of style programs including: Private lessons, Board & train Follow Up lessons, Group Classes, Day Training.
- Preform training class administrative duties: attendance, distrabution of materials/equipment, and follow up as needed; maintain accurate records related to classes/lessons
- Work cohesively with other training members and communicate any training challenges or client questions/concerns that need prompt attention or team focus
- Answering any/all dog training questions
- Working dogs in a Dog Daycare environment.
- Positively interacting with clients in person, via email/text/phone.
- Scheduling and doing all go-home lessons and follow-on training lessons
- Use a variety of training techniques to affect behavioural changes in dogs. Open to using a variety of tools and cable or willing to learn remote collar applications.
- High School diploma
- Minimum 1 year experience in a dog training or handling role.
- Knowledge of canine behaviour and body language
- Knowledge or Microsoft Word/Except and email.
- Experience with Balanced Training Methods
- Experience with Behaviour Modification
- Desire to learn and willingness to adapt
- Positive attitude; upbeat and enthusiastic
- We are a drug free workplace
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have a love for dogs and a keen sense for animal safety.
- Must be observant.
- And of course – A love for dogs
- Certificate of completion from a dog training program, past employment with training, shelter or rescue facility.
- Potential for growth and
- Professional development
- Learning to whelp and raise litters of working line Belgian Malinois
- Position requires person to be both indoors and outdoors.
- Majority of day is spent standing, walking and bending.
- Lift 50+ pounds.
Must Be Able To:
- Able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Work with small and large dogs.
- Work around pet hair and dander.
- Communicate with proper spelling and grammar via email/text.
- Communicate with clients in a friendly, upbeat manner.
- Dependable. Working with live animals you must show up for your expected shifts and show up ready to work.
- Experienced, animal care and handling is very important, prior knowledge is ideal. The experience required is specific and beyond taking care of ones own pets or pet sitting for friends and family, we require professional experience.
- Patient, some dogs are noisy, some stubborn, some haven’t been taught certain things. You must be level headed and keep a calm atmosphere.
- Quick learning. Knowing dogs names, behaviors and owners is very beneficial for you and others working with you.
- Strong work ethic. You must take pride in your work, with cleaning standards set in place we must have people who are willing to work hard and well.
- Be able to work evenings and weekends due to client demands
Shifts we are seeking coverage for
To Apply – Send a cover letter and resume
Please include answers to the following:
- How many years of balanced training experience do you have?
- What training tools are you familiar with and use on a regular basis?
- How many years of behaviour modification experience do you have?
- Do you a valid drivers license?
- Would you be willing to work nights to whelp litters of puppies?
- Please list any certifications or courses you may have or done.
- Any titles you have put on your dogs or others.
- Any dog trainers you follow regularly and why?
Preference will be given to candidates with previous training/handling/competitive experience, but anyone can apply! If you are chosen for an interview, you will be contacted by phone or email. There will be a solo interview first and, if chosen, followed by a group “working interview”.